County Health Rankings & Roadmaps
Keywords:population health, rankings, wellbeing, data, community improvement
County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, a collaboration between the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute, provides data, evidence, guidance, and examples that youth development professionals can use in their work to improve community health and well-being. The Rankings use a population health model to describe the multiple factors that contribute to health and equity. The information and resources available at the County Health Rankings & Roadmaps website is useful to youth development organization leaders, as it provides guidance for taking action to improve the well-being of youth and communities. Key resources available at www.countyealthrankings.org are discussed.
Bronfenbrenner, U. (1979). The ecology of human development: Experiments by nature and design. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute. (2017). County health rankings key findings report 2017. Retrieved from http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/explore-health-rankings/rankings-reports/2017-county-health-rankings-key-findings-report
University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute. (2018). County health rankings key findings report 2018. Retrieved from http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/explore-health-rankings/rankings-reports/2018-county-health-rankings-key-findings-report
Viner, R. M., Ozer, E. M., Denny, S., Marmot, M., Resnick, M., Fatusi, A., & Currie, C. (2012). Adolescence and the social determinants of health. The Lancet, 379(9826), 1641-1652. Retrieved from https://ac.els-cdn.com/S0140673612601494/1-s2.0-S0140673612601494-main.pdf?_tid=85fc9875-ae3f-4e40-b40e-da4c3fb770a7&acdnat=1524774596_80ed89a06e70c824787c8fe2e4351561
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- The Author retains copyright in the Work, where the term “Work” shall include all digital objects that may result in subsequent electronic publication or distribution.
- Upon acceptance of the Work, the author shall grant to the Publisher the right of first publication of the Work.
- The Author shall grant to the Publisher and its agents the nonexclusive perpetual right and license to publish, archive, and make accessible the Work in whole or in part in all forms of media now or hereafter known under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License or its equivalent, which, for the avoidance of doubt, allows others to copy, distribute, and transmit the Work under the following conditions:
- Attribution—other users must attribute the Work in the manner specified by the author as indicated on the journal Web site;
- The Author is able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the nonexclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the Work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), as long as there is provided in the document an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post online a prepublication manuscript (but not the Publisher’s final formatted PDF version of the Work) in institutional repositories or on their Websites prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work. Any such posting made before acceptance and publication of the Work shall be updated upon publication to include a reference to the Publisher-assigned DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and a link to the online abstract for the final published Work in the Journal.
- Upon Publisher’s request, the Author agrees to furnish promptly to Publisher, at the Author’s own expense, written evidence of the permissions, licenses, and consents for use of third-party material included within the Work, except as determined by Publisher to be covered by the principles of Fair Use.
- The Author represents and warrants that:
- the Work is the Author’s original work;
- the Author has not transferred, and will not transfer, exclusive rights in the Work to any third party;
- the Work is not pending review or under consideration by another publisher;
- the Work has not previously been published;
- the Work contains no misrepresentation or infringement of the Work or property of other authors or third parties; and
- the Work contains no libel, invasion of privacy, or other unlawful matter.
- The Author agrees to indemnify and hold Publisher harmless from Author’s breach of the representations and warranties contained in Paragraph 6 above, as well as any claim or proceeding relating to Publisher’s use and publication of any content contained in the Work, including third-party content.
Revised 7/16/2018. Revision Description: Removed outdated link.